Who should attend:
Managers and Mid-managers
- What is a union guarantee?
- What a union cannot do.
- What a union will do.
- Supervisor as a role model and sound management practices.
- Six sins of a supervisor.
- TIPS (Threats, Interrogation, Promises, Surveillance): what constitutes such and what does not?
- What a supervisor can and cannot do.
- What the supervisor can and should do as part of early preventive practice.
- What are union cards and their use by unions?
- Early avoidance, recognizing early onset of union activity.
- Clues to a covert union drive.
- Employer plan for preparing for and responding to union activity.
Taylor B. Smith, Partner, The Kullman Firm, Columbus, MS
Thursday, September 28, 2017
Check-in 9:00 – 9:30 a.m.
Seminar 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Space is limited to 25 attendees.
Mississippi Manufacturers Association
720 N President St.
Jackson, MS 39202
$149 per person. Cost includes lunch, coffee, soft drinks and handout materials. For MMA member companies sending three (3) or more employees from the same company location, cost is $115.
Suggested Hotels in Jackson:
(Room rates based on availability.)
Cabot Lodge Millsaps
2375 N State Street
Corporate rate: $99 per night; code: MMA
Reminder notices will be sent a few days prior to the seminar. If you do not receive a reminder notice, or if you would like more information about this or other MMA seminars, contact Barbara at 601-292-1125 or firstname.lastname@example.org.