Mississippi Manufacturers Association
MEMBER BENEFIT SERVICES PROGRAM PURPOSE AND DEVELOPMENT CRITERIA
The mission of the Mississippi Manufacturers Association Member Benefits Services Program (MBSP) is to identify and offer products or services to members that provide preferred pricing or benefits from suppliers/partners that are not otherwise available. The MBSP and participating suppliers/partners must support and be relevant to the mission of MMA.
The Member Benefit Services program will offer Products and Services, which:
- Provide group buying opportunities that are unique to the association program; are clearly differentiated from other similar products or services available in the marketplace; or for which there is no other viable provider. Programs may be differentiated by cost, level of service, access, unique benefit design or other criteria.
- Provide measurable value to members.
- Improve access to products that are not easily accessible.
- Are politically benign or do not conflict with the MMA political agenda.
- Enhance the image of MMA.
- Are relevant to the mission of MMA and its members.
- Meet the needs of a significant number of MMA members or prospective members.
- Are offered by service providers who are committed to the association market.
- Are non-threatening to other MMA members.
- Are based on some core competency of staff or easily accessible to staff through a supplier relationship.
- Do not pose a significant risk to MMA or the Member Benefit Services.
- Require minimal maintenance (in terms of additional staff and systems).
(September 7, 2004, revision)