The Mississippi State University CAVS Extension is offering a ‘Facilitation and Teambuilding Skills Workshop’ from September 15-16, 2021 on the Canton, MS campus.
The workshop is designed to assist individuals and organizations to have a structured, planned approach to leading teams and to be effective team members themselves. This workshop will give participants an understanding of practical tools that they can use to facilitate project team meetings, assist others in sharing ideas to reach potential solutions, evaluate effectiveness of alternatives, and deliver and effectively present results to key sponsors and stakeholders.
The workshop will include a variety of delivery methods, with exercises and interactive activities that will allow the participants to work as a team during a facilitated session, practice new skills and prepare for the utilization of them in their own projects.
To register, click here.
- Define facilitation, clarify the role and focus of a facilitator and differentiate between process and content in the context of a group discussion.
- Explore group and team dynamics as well as adult learning principles.
- Provide structured planning and implementation tools for a successfully facilitated session.
- Identify a facilitator’s role when leading groups during each of the stages of group development: forming, storming, norming and performing.
- Enhance communication and presentation skills.
- Identify ways a facilitator can help a group in the decision-making process, in identifying potential solutions and reaching a consensus on a course of action.
- Recommend effective methods of dealing with disruptions, dysfunctions and difficult people in groups, without alienating them.
- Learn project meeting time management and follow-up skills.