The Mississippi Manufacturers Association works diligently with state community colleges, universities, agencies and departments to provide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today’s workforce such as:
Education & Training
State Wide Community College Districts Map
Business and community colleges have found common cause in recent decades in the preparation of a highly skilled workforce to preserve our competitiveness and economic opportunity in response to rapid technological change and increasing global competition. Strong partnerships tend to develop around local and regional economic and workforce development needs and can take many different forms from joint-investment in facilities to industrial-sector partnerships. Businesses and community colleges come together in these partnerships to find solutions to jointly identify educational challenges and use combined resources to implement them. Workforce development centers provide assessment, training and placement services to individuals needing retraining, training and upgrading for small business and local industry. Each workforce development center is affiliated with a separate public community college district.
- Northwest Mississippi Community College
- Northeast Mississippi Community College
- Itawamba Community College
- Coahoma Community College
- Mississippi Delta Community College
- Holmes Community College
- East Central Community College
- East Mississippi Community College
- Meridian Community College
- Hinds Community College
- Copiah -Lincoln Community College
- Jones County Junior College
- Southwest Mississippi Community College
- Pearl River Community College
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
*Shaded counties support two districts.
- Quitman County supports Districts 1 and 4
- Tunica County supports Districts 1 and 4.
- Tallahatchie County supports Districts 1 and 4.
- Bolivar County supports Districts 4 and 5
- Lauderdale County supports Districts 8 and 9.
- Copiah County supports Districts 10 and 11.
Finding Your Community College Contact
Employers may request training for existing employees and/or newly hired employees from their local community colleges. Contact your community college workforce contact to begin the process.